This Grilled Aubergine Salad healthy recipe is very easy to make and it’s always a winner.
Its ingredients can be found in every supermarket.
A couple of considerations first, though:
- Firstly, the avocado. To get the best flavour, the avocado needs to be ripe, so choose a soft one, but not too soft, otherwise, it can be brown on the inside already, and this doesn’t taste good.
- Secondly, aubergine. It needs to be baked/grilled at a high temperature, ideally 200-200C to get nice and soft.
- Mixed leafs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Yellow and/or red bell pepper
- Grilled aubergine
- Activated Cashews, Maple and Rosemary
For the dressing:
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Tahini (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C, and slice the aubergine in 1cm thick rounds. Place them on a tray with baking paper, sprinkle with salt, brush with some olive oil, and bake it until soft and golden. Check every now and then with a fork, it takes max. 30 minutes. You can also use a griddle pan or if it’s a barbeque season you can place the aubergine slices on the hot grill. It’s important to use high heat to make the aubergine really soft.
- Scoop the avocado out of the skin and slice it. If it’s ripe it will come off easily.
- Slice the bell pepper in thin slices. Ideally use red and yellow to make the salad look nice and colourful.
- Wash the mixed leaves and cut the tomatoes in halves.
- Prepare the dressing:
Mix equal parts tahini, olive oil and lemon juice until it’s smooth without any lumps. Add some salt and pepper and if you need a tiny squeeze of honey.
Another option for dressing is a simple mix of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- When the aubergine is ready, let it cool down a bit. Mix salad leaves, peppers, cherry tomatoes and peppers in a bowl and season with the dressing. Place the grilled aubergine slices on top and finish with the maple and rosemary cashews.
The Grilled Aubergine Salad is now ready to serve, enjoy!
For more recipes like this and info about activated nuts and healthy lifestyle join the NUTILICIOUS mailing list here. You will also receive a discount code for 25% off your next order.