This simple and tasty pork and cashew stir fry recipe uses raw cashews along with ginger.
It serves six, so if you want to serve it for two, just chop everything into one third.
And if you are a fan, this is a Keto-friendly recipe!
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin is best)
- 1.5 lbs pork shoulder, sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- an onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/3 cup raw cashews (check the activated option for bigger health benefits!)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- two tbsp tamari (or coconut amino if you prefer a softer taste)
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat the olive oil then add the pork and cook, stirring, until it is browned on both sides. This usually takes 3-4 minutes.
- Take the pepper, onion, ginger, cashews and garlic and add to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir the mixture until the vegetable is crisp-tender, usually 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bok choy, sesame oil and tamari and stir fry until the bok choy wilts and all ingredients are coated. This is usually 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve. Garnish with the sesame seeds if you like and tuck in!
About the Author
Angela Tempest is one half of the blogging team at Pesto & Margaritas with her chef husband Robert. They blog about enjoying food and drink in balance, making tasty dishes at home and sampling a nice cocktail afterwards!
If you’re fond of cashew nuts, check out our activated cashews: their delicious taste, with even bigger health benefits!