Sugar-free sweet potato brownies with almonds & chocolate – a healthy treat for this fall that (not only) kids will love!
They’re delicious for us, too! Made with sweet potato, raisins, almonds and dark chocolate.
- 500 g sweet potato,
- 140 g raisins,
- 100 g dark chocolate,
- 90 g almond flour,
- 60 g almonds (we recommend activated almonds )
- 100 g flour (50 g plain, 50 g whole grain)
- cocoa powder
- Cut the sweet potato into chunks, and boil for approx. 20 minutes until soft.
- Blend 90 g of activated almonds into a powder.
- Melt the dark chocolate.
- Soak the raisins in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Blend the sweet potato to a purée
- Remove the raisins from the water and blend them into the purée, too.
- Add 60 g activated almonds into the mixture and blend until they’re cut into small pieces.
- Pour the mixture on a greaseproof oven pan and flatten well to a 2 cm thickness.
- Bake in a previously heated oven at 180 degrees C for 25 minutes.
- Take out, sprinkle with cocoa powder and cut into squares.
- Enjoy your brownies!
Alice Scarmagnani is an Italian cook, who runs a project called “Cuocadè“, which focuses on creating recipes with – and for – children (being inspired from the Montessori educative system). Follow her on her Facebook page, and Instagram channel to learn a little bit more about her project.