These vegan chocolate cookies can be a non-vegan option by adding regular milk, instead of a milk alternative.
Decorate them with white glazing and cut them with a tree-shaped cookie cutter, to make these vegan chocolate cookies look very Christmassy!
- 40 g of brown sugar
- 20 gr unsweetened cocoa powder
- 40 g of milk alternative (water, hazelnut/soy/almond milk, or even orange juice)
- 50 gr white flour + 50 gr wholemeal flour
- 40 gr of coconut oil
- a pinch of baking soda
- almonds (we recommend activated almonds )
- Mix the 2 different flour types with the unsweetened cocoa powder and the baking soda.
- Also, mix brown sugar and your chosen milk alternative with coconut oil.
- Knead well all the ingredients in a bowl, first with a fork, then with your hands until you get a nice compact (but not sticky: in case, add a little more flour) ball.
- Roll out the dough with a floured rolling pin to a thickness of about 4/5 mm.
- Use the cookie cutters you prefer.
- Before baking, decorate them with sliced activated almonds.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes, placing the biscuits on the baking paper (cooking also depends on the thickness of the biscuits).
Alice Scarmagnani is an Italian cook, who runs a project called “Cuocadè“, which focuses on creating recipes with – and for – children (being inspired from the Montessori educative system). Follow her on Facebook page, and Instagram channel to learn a little bit more about her project.