Satisfy your sweet tooth with this delicious Vegan Chocolate Mousse!
Vegan cooking is getting very popular. There are a lot of recipes and cookbooks available. Also, with all the substitutes for meat and dairy available on the market, we really don’t need to compromise on taste when cooking plant-based.
I haven’t gone vegan, at least not yet. However, I try to go for plant-based options whenever possible. Actually, I notice I feel much better after that. Luckily, most restaurants nowadays offer at least 1-2 vegan meals on their menu. This way, eating out as a vegan isn’t that difficult anymore.
Nuts are an important part of a plant-based diet as a natural source of protein and many other minerals and vitamins our body needs. To get the most of them and to make sure they don’t put a strain on our digestion, ideally, the nuts should be activated, as they are in this Vegan Chocolate Mousse Recipe.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 80ml coconut milk
- 80g of dark chocolate, crushed
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20g soaked cashew nuts
- Top with:
- Activated Salted Almonds
You’ll need to do some preparation before you make this mousse, which is soaking the cashews for a few hours, ideally 3-5, so they get soft. This will make the mousse light and fluffy. The soaking activates the cashew nuts, which means they will be easier to digest than raw ones and you will absorb more nutrients from them since their not so gut-healthy natural chemicals will be broken down. After soaking, drain and wash the nuts, and put aside.
Once the nuts have soaked, it’s really easy:
- Heat up the milk, until it just starts boiling. Then, add to the chocolate – mix well until it melts.
- Add the melted chocolate to a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blitz in a blender or stand mixer until smooth. The stronger the blender the smoother the mousse will be.
- Transfer into a glass and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours before you eat it.
- Top with activated almonds and some fresh raspberries.
If you want to receive more delicious recipes, useful info about activated nuts and healthy lifestyle join the NUTILICIOUS mailing list here. You will also get a discount code for 25% off your next order.